On the work front, I have been taking out more rides as the lead guide and a few just by myself which is exciting. It is really great being able to go by myself because It means smaller groups and a better rapport with the group, which makes the whole experience much more fun for everyone. Being on a two hour ride with an un-talkative or frustrating group can be very draining! I have been riding 'Banner' the crazy head-tosser, and another horse called 'Coal' who is a beautiful jet black horse who I like much more. My saddle is going well and fits better all the time which is also good. I bought some attachments so I now have leather thongs on the back to attach saddlebags and a Drizabone so it is getting more more set up too.
We have been doing a bit of fishing with the crew and had a fun night at one of the stocked ponds last week where we caught endless Rainbow Trout. We brought our bag limit of 4 home and I cooked them up with lemon, butter and pepper - delicious!
I'm feeling pretty physically drained, but I think it may have something to do with the long days and my inclination to go off on adventures after work and then not getting much sleep! The work crew are all getting on pretty well and it is certainly a fun place to live and work.
Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks.
Boys vs Girls staff volleyball in the summer evening.
Nice little rainbow.
Some of my workmates around the campfire.
A staff ride with Tracy, Anna Marie and Dan
Evening sun down the valley
No comments:
Post a Comment