Today we practiced using the transcievers and it made me realise how hard it would be to find someone in a slide even if they had their transponder. Finding one transmitter is not too hard, but when there are multiple people the signals get confused and it can be very hard to follow the one signal.
Hopefully the course will give me a lot more awareness and educated confidence for backcountry skiing. It will certainly make me more cautious and already I look at the mountains differently and with more understanding.
My knee is still giving me some grief, so I hope that it holds out. I also hope there is no serious damage in there as the discomfort is lingering, but I figure that I wouldn't be able to walk or ski if I had really damaged it so I assume its just bruised or strained.
On Sunday I went for a solo hike up Sulfur Mountain which is a relatively easy two hour trek up one of the mountains surrounding Banff, around 2,400m. There is also a Gondola that goes to the summit for the lazy tourists, so given that I got to the peak just before dusk, I took the easy route back down. It was really what I needed to just get out clear my mind by charging up a mountain, and really get my heart going while also being away from the crowds and in a tranquil setting. It was a beautiful day, possibly even plus degrees!
About halfway up:
No comments:
Post a Comment