All the original guys from our room in the hostel went out to Sunshine together and we had a really nice day on (and off) the piste. It was great to be skiing with some aggressive riders and we found some nice cliff drops and cornices. Derek, who is not such and adventurous skier is also a good photographer so we got some great pics of our day out:
Nick on the same cliff as above:
Thomas on a different cliff:
Unfortunately I was too late in getting the car back in the morning, so I had to rent it for another day. To make the most of its use, we all drove up to the hot springs after skiing which was really nice. They have built a facility around the upwelling, so it is like a commercial pool, but with naturally hot water. It was just the thing to relax at the end of the day, sitting in the steaming pool, looking down the valley with the sun setting on the peaks all around us.
We then all had dinner and drinks at the hostel which turned pretty rowdy (as was to be expected) and then went into town. Somehow in the way in to town I stacked pretty hard on the ice and have hurt my knee and taken some skin off my hand... So I decided not to ski today, but will go into town and see what the latest job openings are and make some applications. I spoke to HR at Sunshine Village yesterday and they said there was nothing at the moment and weren't hopeful for anything coming up either.
No comments:
Post a Comment