Friday, 13 February 2009

The cash splash...

Today I bought a season pass to Sunshine Village! I was putting it off to see where I will end up, but feel that I will probably be able to get some sort of outdoors job unrelated to the ski fields (hopefully at Boundary Ranch) so I bit the bullet and am now CAD$900 lighter, but have unlimited skiing until mid-May. I only have to go another 9 times to justify the cost so it seemed the right thing to do. I could very easily clock up hundreds of dollars in day passes and then double the cost of my season of skiing.

I spoke to Rick Guinn last night and he is keen to meet me. He was a pretty reserved sounding bloke on the phone, but it will good to talk to him in person. He's away for the weekend so I'm calling him again on Sunday to organise a time to go down and have an interview early next week. Unfortunately the transport situation is not very good so I'll have to hire a car for the day to get down there. I will take advantage of that and go for a bit of a cruise though.

The weather was overcast today with the occasional flock of snow coming down. It felt very cold in the wind and was about -14 degrees on the mountain. I didn't feel as good on my skis today, but did hit up the easy jumps in the terrain park and getting my confidence up on the man-made jibs. The biggest downer on my day was some keen-bean dad smashed the safety bar of a chairlift into the base of my nose! I was just sitting there looking out at the mountain, still 50 m from the unload and this goose threw up the bar... That F***ing hurt and still does! I think its lucky it wasn't a centimetre lower down or it might have taken out a tooth.

So, I'm going to hit up the slopes for the next few days until my trip down to Kananaskis probably Tuesday next week. I hope the outcome of that meeting is good, as apart from anything it would be good to see some small reversal in the money tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment